Monday, November 19, 2018

The last of the XA2

These are likely the last pictures that I will make from the Olympus XA2.  The lens is good and I like the zone focus on this camera, but the meter just doesn't work right.  I may try taking it apart some time, but I think I'm more likely to look for another example of this camera.  I can't really complain too much; it cost me just four bucks, and I think it has earned its retirement.






Even if I don't decide to try repairing this camera, I'll hold onto it as a source of spare parts.  When I got it from the thrift store it was missing the pressure plate.  I was able to take one from an XA with a mouldy lens and put it in this XA2.  The XA also donated the little ballbearing that holds the front open to another XA.

2 comments:

Jim Grey said...

Yeah, with a camera like this if you can't count on the meter you can't count on the camera. Good luck finding another.

Mike said...

Right. I'm thinking I'll likely start using the mju again.