Saturday, August 13, 2022

Friday Morning

  I took my Bentzin Primar plate camera to the Plaza Vieja to catch the old cars and a couple of the old car guys.





The roll of Fomapan 400 was processed in HC110b.  I was pleased with image quality from the low-cost Fomapan, but found I was really out of practice in using the plate camera.  Both the wire frame finder and the little reflex viewer provide a somewhat vague idea of where the camera is pointed, and achieving sharp focus by estimation is always tricky at less than the smallest apertures.  It took some careful cropping of the negatives to get some reasonable compositions.

2 comments:

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

You did well. My dad took pictures with a folding Certo camera with a wire finder. Many of his compositions were a bit rough, as was the focus.

Mike said...

I've had better luck in the past with the plate cameras. Just need to devote more time to practice, particularly for close-up work. Gound glass focusing and a tripod is pretty much fail-safe, but I seldom have the patience for that. All that aside, it is always rewarding to get images from these tiny view cameras.