Friday, August 26, 2022

Caffenol

 I'm still trying to get used to shooting my finely made but quirky Vito III.  I loaded it with another expired roll of Gekko MW 100 and took a walk around the neighborhood and into Old Town











I was pretty pleased with the results from the caffenol developer; it seemed just as good in regard to grain and tonalities as what I've been getting from my usual assortment of commercial products.

The kit of caffenol components and the recipe were courtesy of my friend, astrobeck.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shadow of the railing against the white wall leading to a shadowed flower pot. Nice tones!

Mike said...

Always nice when what you get on film corresponds to what you saw when you snapped the shutter.

Jim Grey said...

I've not experimented with caffenol because Rodinal and HC-110 are so simple to use and I can afford to buy them. I've not paid attention to caffenol recipes as a result. But now that I see the one you're using, I realize I have all of the ingredients on hand at home. It would be easy as pie to mix some up. Hmm...

Mike said...

Caffenol seems capable of yielding results similar to Rodinal and HC-110 and it seems pretty inexpensive, though I haven't actually calculated the cost of the ingredients. It is nice to not have to worry about longevity as the ingredients are only mixed just before use. I still have part bottles of Rodinal, HC-110 and Ilfotec DD-X in the refrigerator. I'll likely use them up, and then maybe just go then to caffenol.