Sunday, August 21, 2022

Cool Day

 I went to Old Town on Saturday with the collapsible Industar 22 on my Zorki 6.  A little rain and cloudy skies gave me some nice light for the Gekko 100 film.



In spite of the rain there were a lot of cars and people in the Plaza Vieja by noon.  Part of the reason for the crowd was that a Quinceañera was just getting started in front of San Felipe de Neri.



Some of the shops that closed during Covid have changed owners and some are being renovated and reopened.








I have gotten used to handling the Zorki 6 for the most part, though I still need a little practice with parallax adjustment in close-ups.  I'm thinking that the flip-open back will let me use a ground glass to compare the difference between what the lens and the viewfinder see.     I may try making some little close-up marks in the viewfinder.   The film was not tilted this time using the thin plastic washer, but it was slightly too high at the film plane, so i may try centering it with some thin foam rubber on both ends of the cartridge.

6 comments:

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

Heisenberg? Were you uncertain about buying the tee-shirt?

Mike said...

I actually never watched Breaking Bad as we don't have the connection.
There has been some controversy lately about some statues of the main characters being placed in the convention center. Seems mostly a response to the current run-up to the elections.

Mike said...

Oh, wait. You're talking about the physicist. I likely would be uncertain as I was a liberal arts major.

JR Smith said...

Nice series. I haven't been to Old Town in forever. Need to get back.

Mike said...

Yes, Old Town is longing for your presence.

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

I think the Tee-shirt refers to Werner Heisenberg:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

Neat stuff but a bit dense to consume.