Thursday, August 22, 2019

Changeup

Since we've lived in Albuquerque I have often used a couple garden statues as test subjects for my old cameras.  One is in the botanic garden, and the other, a depiction of a mother and child, was in a corner of the sculpture garden behind the Art Museum.  When I walked through the Museum site yesterday with my Nikon FE I was surprised to find that the space formerly belonging to my usual subject was now occupied by a dancing head hunter.


It was kind of a shocking change to absorb.


The sculpture's location produces interesting lighting through the day, so I'll likely use the new one much as I did the previous subject.  This sculpture looks very different depending on the position from which it is viewed as each head has multiple faces.

No comments: