Thursday, June 14, 2018

macro abstract

A typical photo session for me often encompasses a couple miles of walking along the river.  Limiting my field of view to a table top can offer as many opportunities for finding images, but at a different scale.





These images were all made with the Pentax SP and a +4 accessory lens screwed onto either the 1.4/50 or the 2.8/135.  The TMAX 100 was processed in Rodinal 1:100 semi-stand for an hour.  I liked the results ok, but medium format would likely have given me a little wider spectrum of tones.

5 comments:

JR Smith said...

Macro photography is one of my favorite activities for days when weather is a limiting factor in outdoor photo adventures. These are great examples!

Mike said...

It is something I often think about, but seldom get to. I'm nursing a leg injury at present, so I'll probably be doing more macro for a while.

Jim Grey said...

These are all very interesting to study. What is the last one? I can't figure it out.

Mike said...

It is a plastic massage tool.

Reinhold Graf said...

These are very beautiful macro pictures. My favourite is no. 2.