Saturday, July 01, 2023

TLR

 I found a couple rolls of 2006 Delta 100 in my refrigerator film drawer, so I loaded one in my YashicaMat and took some walks through the neighborhood and along the trails of the riverside forest.  




The last photo was made in the park near our home.  The girl's mother said she liked my old camera and added that her grandfather had been a photographer, possibly using a similar camera.  She said one his nature photos made it into National Geographic.  The little girl was very interested in our conversation; when I asked if she would like me to make a picture of her, she gave an emphatic "yes", and her mother helped her to pose for the camera.

5 comments:

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

Nice negatives! The excellent Tessar-type of lens on the Yashica helps. Great job.

Mike said...

Thanks to you for the film donation. I may try a different developer for the second roll.

James Thorpe said...

Lovely work, as usual. Even though I've got several Rolleiflexes and Rolleicords, I always find myself reaching for my YashicaMat 124G.

JR Smith said...

Fence and beaver-tail cactus is a nice shot!

Mike said...

I don't think there is a better medium format lens than the Lumaxar, but the camera is awkward to handle, particularly when I don't use it often. Using the handgrip makes is easier to manage.