Monday, January 15, 2018

Industar 61 L/D

We made a trip down to the river so Cate could collect some shells and the dog could run off some energy.  I took along my FED 3 with the Industar 61 L/D lens.  The camera performed well; the lens not so much.
    I cleaned and greased the helical and checked the infinity focus which seemed perfect. There is a little play between the lens and the camera's lens mount, though it doesn't seem enough to be a problem.
    Some of the river shots turned out ok, but the full enlargements don't show the crisp sharpness of my other FED and Industar lenses.  The Industar 61 L/D has a good reputation, but that doesn't seem to have rubbed off on my example.  I may try to find another.





2 comments:

warren said...

There is something about analog film that by far surpasses digital photography, especially black and white photos. Interesting blog!

Mike said...

Thanks, Warren.
I don't have anything against digital, but I just don't seem to find the time to do both film and digital. I've been out of town. Should have some new posts about Soviet and German lenses coming up shortly, as well as a few travel pictures.