Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Plants & Animals

 Albuquerque is having fine Fall weather.  Daytime temperatures are in the 50s, while the nights are cold enough to cause the mulberry trees to lose all their leaves.  I spent the week walking around with my Olympus  Pen-FT, visiting the botanical garden, the riverside forest and the Rio Grande Nature Center.




The local wildlife rescue group put on their yearly education event to give visitors to the Nature Center an opportunity for a closeup look at the area's common raptors, a Kestrel, a Red-Tailed Hawk and a Great Horned Owl.  All three had wing injuries preventing them from living free in the wild, but they were all healthy looking and well behaved.



6 comments:

Jim Grey said...

The first three photos are gorgeous.

Mike said...

The sharpness of the F-Zuiko lens is inspiring; I find myself looking for subjects that take advantage of that.

JR Smith said...

Very impressed with that little half-frame camera.

Mike said...

I'm really pleased that everything works perfectly.

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

Well, Mike, you know the logical pathway. Buy some more Pen F lenses. And (maybe) sell or donate some of your existing cameras to make space. Then try another Pen body style. Then add more lenses.....

Mike said...

I think you are right; I've been entrapped with no way out of the maze. Some more lenses would be nice for the Pen-FT, but to get one or two I would have to sell half of my old cameras.