Sunday, September 10, 2023

Film Wasting

 An ill spent couple of hours in Old Town.  Nice overcast light.  A camera and lens that have always made nice pictures for me.  I'm tempted to blame the results on the film having gone through at least two airport x-ray scans.  More probably, I was just careless with my shooting technique.  



I nearly always get home with a couple shots left on the roll in the camera.  Very often they turn out to be the frames I like best.  (I know I said the same thing yesterday, but it seemed like something worth repeating.)

4 comments:

Ralph Turner said...

I know what you mean. When there is no expectation, the outcome can be a very pleasant surprise 🙂.

Mike said...

I was irritated with myself for missing some good shots and I had a pretty poor success rate with the roll. My wife's welcome home smile helped ease the pain.

JR Smith said...

I like the Blackbird Coffeehouse shot. Too bad the car was parked there.

Mike said...

I did picture this scene in the past without cars. In this instance I felt the inclusion of the car provided some balance and context.