Saturday, June 17, 2023

Summer Shooting

One needs to get out early in the day now to find tolerable shooting conditions.  My walk around Tingley Ponds took me up close to noon and I only had the energy to snap one picture on Kentmere 400 in my No.1A Pocket Kodak.


I took an early morning walk around Old Town and managed to finish off the roll.



All the pictures were made at the minimum aperture of f45 and the maximum shutter speed of 1/50.  In spite of the camera's simplicity it always makes nicely sharp pictures as long as I use a tripod.  A couple adapter disks allow me to easily use 120 film to get images with a panoramic format.

2 comments:

JR Smith said...

I think you are getting around pretty good considering you're hauling around that camera and a tripod. Kind of an Ansel Adams look, I think.

Mike said...

The camera has kind of rudimentary controls, but nothing beats a big negative. I'm always impressed by the images this relatively simple lens can deliver; they seem almost to have a 3D quality.