Thursday, June 08, 2023

A Month of Pictures

 My photographic style over the years has been reliant to a large extent on covering a lot of ground.  I always liked wandering around with my camera and recording things of interest that I came across.  I was also not stingy with film; I tended to burn a lot of film exploring whatever subject was before me.  All that has undergone a rather drastic change due to a mobility deficit stemming from a couple tendon injuries.  So, the pictures presented here all came from a single roll of Kentmere 100 which spent a month in my Pentax ME.  I shot just a few frames at each of half a dozen locations.

The National Hispanic Cultural Center



The maiden voyage of 2926 (half a mile)

The yearly car show at the Albuquerque Art Museum

A stroll through Tiguex Park

The flooded riverside forest


San Felipe de Neri Fiesta 2023

6 comments:

Jim Grey said...

You got some good silvery images with the Kentmere. I hope you're healing up okay and that you are on a trajectory toward regaining full mobility.

Mike said...

Thanks, Jim. I was pleased with the performance of both the film and the camera.

James said...

Great tones in all with the Kentmere 100. The Tiguez Park shot is precious. I envy your surroundings.

Mike said...

It was definitely a stroke of luck to find a modest home close to three museums and Tiguex Park. A sewer reconstruction is sending a lot of traffic down our normally quiet street, but I'm pretty confident that will end in my lifetime.

JR Smith said...

A nice photo essay. And I agree with James above that it is fortunate that you have so many interesting subjects within walking distance of your home. I need to get out today for a walk with my Nikon FM. I have a roll of Ferrania P30 in it that I started several weeks ago.

Mike said...

JR: I'll look forward with what you do with the P30. I abused the film badly with my processing, but it still gave me some nice images.