Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Around the House

 I haven't been getting out much for a while, so when I noticed some nice early morning sunlight in the house I decided to finish up a roll of film that has been sitting in my Minolta X-700 for quite a while.  






The film was a roll of Agent Shadow 400 that Jim Grey passed along to me some time ago.  I don't know who actually made the film; it is repackaged by Kosmo Foto.  I processed the roll in HC-110b for seven minutes at 20C. I thought the grain and tonality looked pretty good.  I'm still struggling a bit with VueScan and GIMP on my IMAC; I probably need to spend some time with the manuals.
-----------------------------------------
The New Mexico Film Photographers got together on the 17th in Tiguex Park.

photo by Shane Ramotowski

8 comments:

Rick Scheibner said...

Sorry you haven't been able to get out much. Sometimes it's good just to get some shots in and around the home. The film you used here certainly has some nice tones to it. If you have questions about GIMP (but aren't necessarily Mac related), let me know any time.

Mike said...

Thanks Rick. Nice to know there is some GIMP experience out there to draw on. I'm going to spend some time this week with the manuals for both GIMP and VueScan. I'd be interested in knowing what GIMP features you think are most useful and what you use most often.

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

This Agent Shadow looks pretty good. I hope whoever makes it continues production. Otherwise you spend some effort tuning the EI and development time and the film gets discontinued.

Mike said...

Seems likely to be Arista or Kentmere given the low price. The box doesn't have any suggested processing. I think either hc110 or caffenol is a pretty safe bet at box speed. I haven't tried pushing the ASA.

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

Fur machine looks well. That's a patient kitty.

JR Smith said...

I have had some enjoyable rainy afternoons kicking around the house with one of my Nikons, the 55mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor and a roll of black and white film. Your images remind me of one of those peaceful days.

Mike said...

Ruthie the cat has gotten pretty patient with me poking the camera in her face. She is most approachable when she finds a spot on the floor warmed by the morning sun.

Mike said...

What got me back into photography was shooting around the house with one of the early digital cameras. The little Epson had less than 2 megapixels, but doing closeups was effortless, and of course you got to see the results with no waiting.