Saturday, April 25, 2020

Kentmere 100

I shot a roll of Kentmere 100 in my X-700 and processed in PMK Pyro developer using Rick Drawbridge's technique.  It does seem to me that gets the most from the film.  However, you lose a stop of speed in the process and that makes shooting in anything less than bright sun more of a challenge than I have patience for.





I'm thinking my next step with this film will be to shoot at box speed and process in Rodinal.  I also have some Kentmere 400 on hand, so I may try that at a stop slower and process in PMK.

4 comments:

Jim Grey said...

These images are surprising - I didn't know Kentmere 100 had this performance in it.

Mike said...

I got into Kentmere and PMK Pyro after seeing the work of Rick Drawbridge at Photonet. He also goes by the name radspix on Flickr. He also uses PMK and other staining developers with many other films; the tonal range in all of them is astounding.

JR Smith said...

I tried a roll of this awhile back and was underwhelmed with my results. I sent mine out to a lab though. Perhaps I need to try your method. Nice stuff here!

Mike said...

I had decent results with Kentmere 100 in hc110, but it did not seem as good with the L110. So many variables, though. I would be happy to stick with TMAX and Tri-X, but I"m not happy with Kodak's prices these days.