Thursday, March 12, 2020

2926

It was a fine day to be outside, so I got on my bike and rode over to the locomotive restoration project not far from our home.  A lot of work has been done on the big engine since I last visited and there was a big crew at work.  They are always very welcoming to visitors, and this time they invited me up into the cab.





My yard sale Minolta X-700 had developed some problems with the exposure system and I was ready to send it off for a cla when I friend showed up with another for me which seems to work perfectly.
    I made these shots with a Minolta Celtic 2.8/28mm on HP5 and processed in LegacyPro L110b.  The overcast sky provided particularly good light for this subject, and the wide-angle lens along with the fast film ensured good depth of focus.

4 comments:

Jim Grey said...

These are gorgeous. The third one especially - the tone in the steel arm against the rich black is just lovely.

Mike said...

I'm happy with the HP5/L110 combination. I'm going to try it next in one of my 6/4.5 MF cameras.

Chris said...

I've photographed her sister, 2912, in Pueblo, CO several times. I really like the last shot of the driver and the rod. Nice stuff!

Mike said...

Thanks. I was not aware of 2912.