Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Fly-in

I took a drive over on Albuquerque's west side on Saturday with no particular destination in mind.  Passing the Double Eagle airfield I noticed that there were a lot of cars parked near the entrance.  It turned out I had stumbled on a fly-in airshow.


I had a couple frames left on a roll of Kentmere 100 in my Retina IIa, so I shot those and then loaded a roll of Fuji 200 color.  If I had known where I would end up from the beginning, I might have chosen to bring along an slr and a couple lenses, and maybe a medium-format camera.  However, I can't complain about the performance of the Kodak rangefinder and its fine Xenon lens.


The half-dozen sleek little planes that were lined up beside the runway put on a nice aerobatic show, complete with smoke trails.






I think this is the third light plane show I have seen at the west side field.  The previous show featured rides in a Ford Trimotor, which I believe is due back in Albuquerque in November.

2 comments:

JR Smith said...

Nice shots. My Retina Iic is due for a CLA I think.

Mike said...

I got my IIa and my IIc early on and always felt they were top-notch performers. I would have gotten a lot more use of them if I hadn't acquired about 100 more cameras in the meantime.