Sunday, August 19, 2018

An Argus Day

Saturday was proclaimed to be a day to celebrate the Argus cameras.


I used my Argoflex Forty to honor the day along with one of the last rolls of Fuji Acros that I'm likely to shoot.  I'm not sure how 8/18/18 figures into the equation, but it seems as good a day as any to recognize the often-underrated line of American industry.


I chose to develop the Acros in Rodinal which has always been my favorite combination.  The negatives seemed a little thin, possibly due to the fact that the bottle has probably spent about five years in the refrigerator.


The Argoflex Forty has been a very reliable performer for me over the years, producing images that look as good to me as those coming from much more sophisticated and expensive cameras.


I've also been happy with the pictures I've gotten from my other Argus cameras, including the C-3 and the Argus A cameras.  I'll try to get back to doing something with them again too.

4 comments:

JR Smith said...

Five years in the fridge and it still works!

Mike said...

I learned to process film using Rodinal and it has remained a favorite, particularly with slow films.

Jim Grey said...

I am always impressed with the results you get from this camera. I just searched for one on eBay to see if I can enjoy the same fun. None available at the moment but I'm sure one will turn up eventually.

Mike said...

The coated Varex lens always produces nice results for me. What I like most about the camera, though, is the brilliant finder. I find it really helpful to have such a clear view of my subject.