Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Exercising the Signet 35

I thought these recent b&w images from the Signet 35 were interesting, though the combination of TMAX and hc-110 did not yield the quality I have gotten from it in the past.  The photos from this roll also introduced too many variables and are not useful for comparison with the last outing with the Signet 40.




I'm going to shoot another roll in the Signet 35 with the same film and lighting conditions as the last Signet 40 pictures to see if I can better compare the performance of the two Kodaks.

4 comments:

JR Smith said...

I really like the indoor still life shots! I need to try some of those. Maybe if we ever get a rainy day out here in California again...hopeful.

Mike said...

I like the idea of indoor still lifes and just general captures of scenes around the house. Don't know why I don't do it more often. I guess it helps if your home environment is somewhat well organized. Being alert to changes in lighting during the day is also helpful.

Jim Grey said...

The indoor still lifes are lovely. I need to figure out some of those for the winter months when getting out for photography is challenging.

Mike said...

There is an inspiring thread at rangefinderforum entitled In and around the house (https://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=169576).
I did a lot of this sort of thing when I got back to photography about twenty years ago with a simple little Epson digital camera which made close-ups and macro very easy. Most film cameras require a bit more effort to achieve that kind of versatility, but a tripod and a close-up or macro lens definitely help.