Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Parade's End

I had no better results processing Rerapan in Rodinal than I did with HC-110.  Also, the film jammed in the camera near the end of the roll; I had to cut it out in the dark bag and broke the plastic spool in the process.  Given the price-per-roll, that is likely the end of my experimentation with this product.   Still, I tend to like about anything I get out of the Foth Derby.  The camera seems to provide me a portal to a time and experience that would otherwise remain just out of reach.









4 comments:

Jim Grey said...

I'm disappointed to hear that the Rera Pan has been so difficult. But as always, your photos from Day of the Dead are delightful.

Mike said...

Probably best to not attach too much importance to my experience. I could have used one of the developers that the company recommends, or sent off the film to someone who knew what they were doing with the film.

JR Smith said...

Did anyone make any comments about the camera you were using? With everyone using smart phones to take pictures with these days, I find that I get lots of questions when I am out doing street photography with one of my old Spotmatics or Nikon F2s.

Mike said...

I didn't hear any comments on the cameras this time. I did get a lot of smiles which may have been prompted by the camera rather than the photographer.