Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stylus

Some images from my two-dollar Olympus.



I prefer the lesser degree of automation of my earlier 35-RC, but the point-and-shoot capability of the stylus is seductive, and the image quality from Olympus lenses is always superb.



Much of the appeal for me of the little Olympus Infinity Stylus lies in its polished black form. I think it is a good example of the design genius of Maitani who was so good at synthesizing combinations of innovation and tradition.



The design of the Infinity Stylus packed fully automated 35mm photography into a container that would slip effortlessly into a pocket. At the same time, the sculpted black case suggests the beautifully crafted small boxes from Japanese tradition known as Inro and their sash cord toggles, the Netsuke.

No comments: