Sunday, July 21, 2024

Lost and Found

 I found these in a neglected corner of my hard-drive.  They were made around twenty years ago at a field west of the Organ Mountains.  No info attached to the photos -- they were likely made with the Spotmatic.  I will try to track down the negatives to make some new scans.



UPDATE:

I was right about the timeframe; the pictures were made in February of 2004.  However, the camera was not my Spotmatic, but rather the Kiev IIa loaded with Tri-X.  Rescanning did not gain anything of interest beyond image size.

Still, I'm pleased I was able to find the negatives from twenty years ago.

4 comments:

JR Smith said...

I need to learn about your system of organization to retrieve negatives from 20 years ago. And, I like these photographs!

Mike said...

Nothing terribly original in my filing system. I store my negatives in the plastic Print File negative preservers. I label each with the date, subject, camera and processing information. The same info goes into the computer album labels. I wish I had always so organized things back beyond those twenty years, but a lot got muddled and lost during our moves around the country.

Mike said...

I should add that the negative preserver sheets go into 3-ring binders, of which I currently have a dozen filling up a whole book shelf. Blogger labels and Flickr tabs are also helpful in initial image searches.

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

I store my Print File sheets in archival boxes which have broad categories (Family 1980s, Greece, Travel USA, etc.). Metal slide boxes have similar categories.