Friday, January 19, 2024

Piedras Marcadas

Albuquerque had a fine sunny Wednesday, so I decided to take a hike through the Piedras Marcadas section of the Petroglyph National Monument.  Access to much of the site is limited by rope barriers, so photography is best undertaken with the help of a telephoto lens.  With my camera of the day, a No.1-A Folding Pocket Kodak Special, I had to limit most of my photo making to panels close to the trail.



The film was Fomapan 100, processed in HC-110b.  In the camera, FPP 120 to 116 spool adapters were used to hold the roll film firmly in place.  Eight rotations of the winder takes the film to the first frame.  Two-and-one-half rotations separates succeeding frames.

I also made quite a few shots of the rock art with my little digital Canon A1000 IS and I'll post some of those on my other blog.

2 comments:

JR Smith said...

Very nice range of tones from that film...especially the deep, inky black.

Mike said...

Not the best work this camera has done, but I still like the images because they remind me of the early efforts to document the rock art. I was fortunate to arrive in Albuquerque before full access to all the sites was restricted.