Monday, November 28, 2022

Ersatz 828

 I walked through the neighborhood and into Old Town with my Kodak Flash Bantam.  The camera was built for paper backed 828 roll film.  That is the same size as 35mm without the double row of perforations, so I just rolled a strip of 35mm onto the little reels in the dark bag and covered the ruby window with tape.  One and one half rotations of the advance gave me pretty good frame spacing. I had a few overlapping frames and a couple double exposures, but the camera got the job done pretty well.






The film was some Agfa Vista 100 dated 2007.  I gave it a little extra time in the Cinestill C-41 developer, but there were still some pretty pronounced color shifts requiring photoshop correction.

4 comments:

Jim Grey said...

Nice to see your Bantam get a little exercise.

Mike said...

One of the highpoints of Kodak design.

Adam Fairclough said...

The Anastar lens on my Flash Bantam produces outstanding results. This, plus its small size and ease of use, makes this one of my favorite cameras.

Mike said...

Yes, the Anastar is an impressive performer. I really need to use the Flash Bantam some more as I have a pretty good supply of film for it.