Sunday, October 03, 2021

Acros 100 II

I can't say that the new Acros is the same as the old, but it is nice stuff in terms of grain and tonalities.  I processed these shots in Rodinal 1:50.  My old Silverfast scanning software does not have an Acros profile, so I tend to skip around to find one that produces what I want from the negatives.




Duotone

Ringtone

I bought five rolls of the Acros 100-II from Adorama where it was on sale at about half the current price, probably due to the fact that it was close to the expiration date.  I have several rolls left, so I'll likely try the film in additional developers includiing PMK and HC110.

4 comments:

JR Smith said...

Looks nice! I have to try some of the new Acros. Shot tons of the original.

Mike said...

I'm not willing to pay $12 for any film, but if it comes up on sale again I'll certainly stock up on it. I particularly liked the fact that it does so well in Rodinal.

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

I have also found that Silverfast does not have profiles for some of the films that I use. Often, the Tri-X 400 or 400-NEU looks about right.

I once wrote to their tech support, and they replied that for older scanners, they would not be updating the film types. And for older expired films, if they did not compute a profile when it was current, then they would not evaluate it now. I was amazed that on both of my scanners, the Silverfast Ai did not have Kodak Panatomic-X profiles, I suppose because because Kodak discontinued it in 1989 or 1990. So that's that.....

Mike said...

I did look at a newer version of Silverfast, but the interface was unappealing. I'm ok with using the old version given that I can play with available film profiles and further explore possibilities with Photoshop. My copies of Silverfast and Photoshop reside on an ancient Windows XP machine, so that does add an additional element of uncertainty in the whole process.