Monday, July 20, 2020

Abó

The Abó pueblo and mission ruins are part of the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument about an hour south of Albuquerque.  The Spanish invaders took control of the Tanoan pueblo in the 17th Century and built the church.  The site was abandoned after about fifty years due to drought and  Apache raids.








These pictures were made on my last roll of Acros which I processed in Rodinal 1:50.  The camera was my Kodak Reflex II.


The challenge in photographing these ruins is to get something that looks different from the many thousands of pictures which have been made of the sites in the past.  There was also a large crew at Abó working on stabilizing the ruins.

The photographer pictured making a shot with a fine 4x5 is Joe Van Cleave.

5 comments:

Jim Grey said...

What lovely textures you captured. Every time you use this Kodak TLR I think I should buy one.

Mike said...

My favorite tlr. Sharp, coated lens. Bright screen. Accurate, reliable shutter. Not hard to work on. I see them pretty often on ebay at very reasonable prices.

William Alex said...

The content provided in your blog is simple and easy to understand. Thank you for writing this topic.

JR Smith said...

Really love the silhouette shot of the photographer. Nicely done!

Mike said...

That shot was the best of the bunch.