Wednesday, June 10, 2020

More from the Signet

I spent a couple days walking around with my Kodak Signet 35.  The camera is small enough to jam in a coat pocket and the Ektar lens always performs well.




The old car enthusiasts are back on the Plaza Vieja on the weekends.  This was the first time I've seen this well-restored Buick; I think it is a 1950 Special Jetback.  The lines in sideview are very graceful, but that massive grill kind of ruins the look for me.


The '54 Chevy 4-door is a work in progress.


Fins and quad lights.



4 comments:

Jim Grey said...

I'm a fan of Buick styling from just before the war through about the early-mid 50s. Yet I agree: that grille is ridiculous.

Mike said...

Car design always intends to send messages which resonate with the buyers. My guess would be that the '50 Buick grill was meant to signal brutal power, masculinity and status similar to what can be seen today on big pickups. The problem I see with the Buick is that the front and rear seem completly at odds.

JR Smith said...

I really like the shadows in the first shot. The empty flower pot on the stepladder suggests change of season...Spring to Summer.

Mike said...

That house always has nice light because of the surrounding trees and I have shot it from several angles.