Thursday, June 27, 2019

One-Eighty

I finally got around to shooting the C330 twin lens reflex with the 180mm lens.  That focal length on a 35mm camera would be a substantial telephoto, but on the 6x6 C330 it is still just in the portrait lens category.






     While the big 180 lens set adds to the already hefty size and weight of the camera I found that taking the time to get used to handling the camera was an effort well spent.  The accessory grip helps free up the right hand for adjusting focus and tripping the shutter.  The eye-level finder also makes the outfit more responsive to fluid photo scenes.


I probably won't make a lot more use of the 180mm lens set on the C330, but I am getting more comfortable with using the camera, and I'm looking forward to using it more often.

4 comments:

JR Smith said...

Just WOW on that camera!!

Mike said...

It is a pretty versatile shooter once you get past its idiosyncrasies.

Kodachromeguy said...

These are great negatives considering difficult lighting. You have done well with the TMax 400. I need to try it again because I never really used it enough to become familiar with its characteristics. But regular Tri-X also works well with in the 6×6 size. Your 180 lens is a winner. The out of focus areas are smooth.

Mike said...

TMAX and HC-110 has always been a reliable combination for me. My only problem with the film has been in using it in cameras with ruby windows because of the low contrast of the framing numerals on the backing paper.