Saturday, March 09, 2019

Walking the River Trail

Albuquerque's weather has taken a turn for the better and I was able to get in a couple walks this week in the riverside forest.  My first walk went from the Rio Bravo bridge to about half a mile north.  Fisherman take trout from the irrigation channel near the bridge, but there are not many walkers and bikers in the area and I saw no one else on the trail.  I'm thinking I'll try walking the whole three-mile stretch between Rio Bravo and Cesar Chavez sometime soon.  That is about my limit these days, so I'll probably drop off my bike first at the Hispanic Cultural Center to give me a way to get back to my truck.


There is a long unbroken barrier of flood control jetty jacks along this section of the river.  Many of the jetty jacks are far from the river's course now and serve no useful purpose other than as a reminder of the complicated history of water management along the Middle Rio Grande.


I carried along my Minolta X-700 on both walks and shot with all three lenses I have for the camera.  They all performed well, though I still need to get some lens shades, particularly for the 28mm.





2 comments:

JR Smith said...

Love the book in the leaves!

Mike said...

Courtesy of a homeless philosopher.