Thursday, December 04, 2008

Xmas



Over the years I got progressively disenchanted with Christmas: the commercialization, the crowds, the agonizing over what would be appropriate as a gift. The last time I bought Christmas presents was about fifteen Christmases ago; I picked up a hand-full of cheap plastic ballpoints and put name tags on them for the people that would be showing up for the celebration.

Of course, that doesn't rule out buying presents for myself. This year, I treated myself to the Mini Microlite Mylar Kite - $1.99 from Hobby Lobby. I'm a sucker for airplanes, kites, and miniaturization, so there was no way I was going to get by that display. Also, I do fit into the recommended age range of "5 to Adult", though I'm probably closer to the beginning than the end of that spectrum, appearances notwithstanding.

No comments: