Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Getting back on the bicycle

PT exercises, hardware and meds didn't seem to be doing much for my recovery.  However, a few days after starting to ride my bike, I finally seem to be making some progress.  That's good news for my photography as it is mostly a byproduct of walking around and recording what I come across.


Yesterday, I took a long, slow walk along the river and finished off a roll of Kentmere 100 in the Kodak Signet 35.  I saw a coyote slinking through the shadows and soon afterward a pair of noisy young Cooper's Hawks.  They seemed like good omens.




5 comments:

JR Smith said...

A nice series here from a pleasant walk. :-) Good to see you out and about!!

Jim Grey said...

Sometimes good old fashioned regular exercise is better than all the PT in the world.

Mike said...

I doubt I'll get back fully to where I was in regard to mobility, but between the bike and a bit of patience with slower walking I think I'll be able to do about 90% of what I was managing before. A bit more emphasis on planning and discipline will also likely produce some results.
This is a particularly nice time of the year to be doing photography in New Mexico. July brings in our monsoon season during which we get most of the year's rain. Lots of dramatic cloudscapes and some overcast lighting that is a welcome change from uninterrupted sunny 16 exposure.

onboroALFA said...

Nice pictures. I believe slower mobility may be better for photography.
Takeshi@Hiroshima, Japan

Mike said...

Excellent point on slower mobility. Slowing down, using old manual cameras and actually thinking about the process can actually be advantageous to a photographer.