Saturday, June 09, 2007

As we were getting ready to go into town on Thursday, I noticed a movement on the cliffs south of our house. Through the binoculars, it looked like a bird sitting in the shadows. I set up the spotting scope the next day and found the bird in the same place.     I had watched the same place for several weeks at the beginning of the Horned Owl nesting season in March. I never saw more than one adult when I visited the place, and I finally gave up, assuming that they had not nested there this year. Yesterday, two grown young flew out when I approached the site, while the mother sat nervously by. The male also showed up briefly, then he and the two babies flew off around the corner. The female just moved a little higher on the cliff face where she could keep an eye on me.





No comments: