Sunday, April 07, 2024

Color for the Pen-FT

 I bought ten rolls of cheap Kodak color with the intent of shooting them mostly in my Olympus Pen-FT, five Kodak Gold 200 and five Ultramax 400.  Of these pictures on the Gold 200, the first four were shot at the zoo with the Olympus E. Zuiko 3.5/100mm.  The rest were from the Olympus F.Zuiko 1.8/38mm.

 
 









Coming off the scanner the colors looked a little muddy.  It may be that I let the Cinestill C-41 developer age a bit too much since I last used it.  I'll try an extra stop of exposure on the next roll to see it that gets better results.

4 comments:

Juna said...

They are quite impressive. I like the barrels the most. I always think of a 100 lens for my pen f, but hesitated so far. Are you using the light meter in the camera?

Mike said...

I do use the camera's meter and it seems ok most of the time. I think the 100mm lens is pretty sharp, but it is a little difficult to use in dim light with the FT's meter stealing a bit of the light. On the plus side the 100mm lens is very affordable compared to all the others available for the system. I got mine for forty bucks, shipping included from Japan. For me, a moderate telephoto is a must-have with any of my slr cameras. I'd really like a wide-angle as well, but the chances of finding one that fits in my budget seem very remote.

Juna said...

Thank you. So maybe I get a FT body as well - and a 100 mm. I'm fine with sunny 16 in summer here in Europe, but winter is more difficult. Plus the FTs are still somewhat affordable - and a second body is never wrong.

Joe V said...

These are great!