Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Verichrome Pan - Roll 2

 This roll of Kodak Verichrome Pan was also fifty years beyond its expiration date.  I processed in LegacyPro L110b (1:31) for six minutes at 20C.  The density seemed a bit better than the previous roll which had been processed semi-stand in Rodinal 1:100 for 50 minutes.









The camera for this roll was my Ilford Sporti, a Cold War relic "Made in Western Germany".  It features zone focusing and just two aperture choices, Sunny and Cloudy.  The single speed shutter looks to be operating at about 1/30.

8 comments:

Jim Grey said...

These all look good, especially the one of the gate - looks almost cinematic.

JR Smith said...

Amazing! I agree on the gate shot.

Mike said...

The differences between a cheap camera loaded with expired film and high-end photo gadgetry is not as great as is often alleged.

JR Smith said...

But 50 years expired! Wow!

Mike said...

Your're right. I really didn't have much optimism when I loaded those two rolls. It was quite a surprise to find they were still viable after all those years. The Verichrome is very thin and it curls when it dries, but there is a lot of good detail and tonality that can be coaxed out in scanning.

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

Amazing, these negatives are superb. I never used Verichrome film, but I am not sure why not. These are as old as my GAF Versa pan film packs! Revenge of the ancients.

shunter62 said...

I used Verichrome Pan as a kid. My father was a photographer and I had some sort of Brownie camera and endless rolls of the stuff, I remember taking photos at a horse show when I was about 10 years old and getting some lovely photos of a dappled gray mare. Those pix are lost to time, I suppose. I remember tht shooting at 1/120 was sort of pushing the envelope. Your photos turned out quite well.

Mike said...

I'm always envious of people who had photographer parents.