Reading people's accounts of discovering and using the Argoflex Forty, the consistent theme found in all is the surprising excellence of the images from this fundamentally simple camera. What is often overlooked is the quality of the camera's design and construction. That is especially apparent if this 1950s Argus is compared to the many earlier pseudo-tlr cameras. Some of my pre-war brilliant-screen cameras make nice images too, but their metal bodied construction seems very flimsy compared to the solidity of the bakelite Argoflex.










2 comments:
Your results with yours is why I bought mine. I'd use it more often but it always involves that step of respooling 120 to 620. I know it's not hard, but then there's my Yashica-12 waiting for me, not needing any extra effort.
I have a couple real tlr cameras which I like, but the Argoflex is easy and fun to shoot, so the re-rolling of the film seems a minor inconvenience. I was particularly pleased this time with the results I got from the Fomapan.. I did really like the color work you did with yours, though I doubt I'll shoot any color again in any of my old film cameras.
Post a Comment