Friday, February 13, 2009

At the Botanic Garden





I went to the Albuquerque Botanic Garden today with my Kodak Recomar 18. It is a compact folding plate camera with an extended bellows. The Recomar was built to use sheet film, plates or film packs. I have some sheet film holders I've never used for it, but I also have a Rada rollfilm adapter which lets me use 120 roll film. I normally make 6x9 cm negatives, but it is also possible to use masks in the Rada to get either 6x6 or 6x4.5 images.

The Recomar never quite performs the way I expect, but it is an interesting camera to shoot. I'm going to try sorting out some of my issues with the camera, and maybe I'll write an article about it for my vintage camera site.

2 comments:

robert said...

Those photos are very much like photos you would see from way back when this camera was new! Especially like the toning in the first one.By all means do a write up on this camera.

Julio F said...

That looks like an intriguing camera, please tell us more about it. The first one is great!